Thursday, January 27, 2011

American Crafters

American Crafters here I come!!!!!!!
Today is the last day to enter the American Crafters "Next American Crafter". I think it it's going to be a blast. I have gone craft crazy over the last month and having more fun than I should. It has been a long time since I've used this special  gift that the Lord gave me. I hope to begin to use it again to honor him while having a good time.
 Hope you enjoy my Multi-Purpose Chalkboard Door


Door was painted with Rust-Oleum Chalk Board Paint and was really easy to use. The door was washed and we let it dry before we started. Painted the first coat using a small roller.  It will dry in about 30 minutes but you need to wait 4 hours before you add the second coat. After adding the second coat you will need to wait 3 Days for conditioning before you use it. One of the great things about this you can wash it with soap and water and it looks just like you painted it. This is my friend Stefanie painting for me.

 Now were ready to add the vinyl calendar. You can cut this with your Crickit or Silhouette. Apply to the door at a place good for you. We placed ours at the top. Vinyl is really easy to apply and looks great!

You can contact me if you don't have a way to get one and I will help you out. Now it's ready to go but I thought it needed a little something extra so I decided to do a fabric heart to celebrate Valentine's Day. I plan to change this out with something special each month. I decided to use my heart fabric for this project. I usually make my own patterns or free-hand 
my creations. It is really easier than you think. 


After cutting out the heart I sewed it together with the right sides together leaving an opening on the side then turning it right side out and filling it with stuffing. Then hand stitched the remaining opening. I wasn't sure what to hang it with so I used some double sided velcro.

My Multi-Purpose Chalkboard Door
I just love it and it has been a HUGE help. It's easier to keep up with things, you can see it all at a glance and the kids will love being able to play on the bottom half.



Because He first love me,
Lori

7 comments:

AmyH said...

Great idea! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I want them to do this in our youth room at church. Wouldn't that be cool as a wall?

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Brittanie Gordon said...

yours looks much better than mine! Such a great job!

Amy said...

What a cute idea!

Amy
floweryfashion.blogspot.com

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

what a handy door!
happy crafting!
Linda

Jessica Sorensen said...

Must add to my things to do when I get a house. Good luck in AC.
Jessica-Mommy Creations

Labels